Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Syrup.

I have previously admitted i have an addiction to cookies. Well, i have another confession to make. I have a weakness for ice cream as well. In the last few months, i have made caramel sauce, strawberry sauce, and even lemon curd to top my humble ice cream, so tonight i decided to give the most famous topping a go, chocolate sauce. I found this recipe on a website called E How, i chose it because it was the only one that did not call for milk, i have a half container in the fridge but i am wary to use it as it is in the back and i have not checked its expiration in awhile. This is a quick and easy recipe that can be whipped up at the last minute...so what are you waiting for? Oh, right...the recipe :-)

Chocolate Sauce.

1/2 cup sugar.
2 Tbsp flour.
1/8 tsp salt.
2 Tbsp cocoa powder.
1 cup water.
1/4 tsp vanilla extract.

In medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and cocoa. Add water and vanilla. Stir well. Turn on medium heat and continue to stir until thickened. Serve warm.


I decided to drizzle some on a plate to get a really good picture...my drizzling technique needs some work, but otherwise it looks great. 


The actual recipe states to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and dump them into the water, i figured i'd save myself a bowl and just mixed it all in the pot. Remember to use cold water, though. It is less likely to go lumpy than if you use hot water. It also stated it would thicken in 6 minutes, but i left it on a bit longer as i felt it was not thick enough.


I got about half a pickle jar full. Not to much, and not to little. It is very chocolaty, a perfect ice cream topping! 


Yummy! Now that i know how to make four toppings for ice cream, i will have to have an ice cream party! 

Hope everyone is having a great week, the end is near! 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never thought to make my own chocolate syrup and pay big $$ to buy some without chemicals and dyes. How wonderful to know I can make my own. We will use this recipe often. Thanks so much for posting it!

    ReplyDelete